Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

MY 2014


This year I am determined to achieve my resolutions. I have never been serious with this resolution thing. Ok, I have been very serious when am writing them but then three months, six months, nine months down the line I get lazy. The resolutions become that distant thought in my subconscious. Like me thinking right now ‘it’s not Friday yet.’


So this year, I am going to write a very short list. One I can achieve fast. Nowadays I don’t start thinking from scratch, I start from google. I found a few ideas online that I will incorporate in my reinvented resolution system. I want to do general stuff and be specific about them (I don’t understand that either). So here is part of my short list.

I WANT TO BE NICER

That is the general part. The specific part is this; I will do favors to at least 12 strangers this year. They must be people I won’t expect anything in return. They must be in need of my help and they must be gender balanced.. hehee

It’s easy to say you are nice because you help your family, you bail out your friend when they get too drunk and pee on a police patrol car, you go to church and submit your tithe and offering and you buy old hustlers in your home village several budgets. But you get something in return for all these; you keep your family, friends will bail you out later on, you get fed spiritually and the old hustlers wet your face with ‘budgeted’ saliva in the name of blessings.

Jesus said whoever invites a complete stranger has invited him. So am going to help Jesus 10 times this year. This is where you say AMEN

I WILL DO SOMETHING REALLY CRAZY

I haven’t figured this one out yet. From today, I will google all the crazy things one can do, pick a number of them and write about them on this blog. Then I will do the one with the most views or comments sometime in June. That way if I die doing it, I will have some people to blame in the afterlife.

COMPLETELY QUIT SMOKING

This was part of my resolution for last year. So far am doing better than this monkey.


I stopped regular smoking. Now I only smoke when am partying. I am going to stop that too this year. Either I stop the smoking or I stop the partying (making my serious face).

In Other Related News:

Tobacco kills nearly 6 million people each year. More than five million of those deaths are the result of direct tobacco use while more than 600 000 are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment